The first Saturday or Sunday of every month we host the Hangover Hike. Its about an hour or 2 hike at a location in the LA or surrounding areas. As of now, all hikes are listed in the event calendar of the Happy Hour Body Meet-up group. Please visit www.meetup.com/happyhourbody and become a free member to get updates on all our events. The March Hangover Hike will be held at Temescal Canyon at 9:45AM on Saturday March 7, 2015 and will offer beautiful views of the Ocean, Santa Monica Mountains and a waterfall if we’re lucky.
Hiking is great for the body and mind but the best part is: with all the stimulation from nature and friends the workout is completely disguised as just a fun outing!
More benefits to hiking:
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Boost bone density, since walking is a weight-bearing exercise
- Build strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
- Strengthen your core
- Improve balance
- Help control your weight
- Boost your mood. “Research shows that hiking has a positive impact on combating the symptoms of stress and anxiety,” says Gregory A. Miller, PhD, president of the American Hiking Society. “Being in nature is ingrained in our DNA, and we sometimes forget that.” (http://www.webmd.com)
See you on March 7th, for a beautiful 3 mile hike. Another outdoor workout from Happy Hour is the Fun Run, offered at no charge every Saturday, meeting at 8AM in Culver City Park. We start with 15 minutes of core and leg exercises to warm up the body, then hit the trail for your own customized run; at your own pace and your preferred distance.